NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 10, 2017
DOWNLOAD BOTH PDFs and read completely before applying (you may need to right-click on the links and download save to your computer):
Download GUIDELINES for the 2017-18 season (PDF)
Download the APPLICATION FORM for the 2017-18 season (PDF)
NOTE: When saving the application form once you’ve started filling it in, you may see a dialogue box pop up like the following one. You can safely ignore it and click the box for “Do not show this message again.”
The BC Touring Council is seeking proposals from not-for-profit performing arts presenters in British Columbia that present a series or season of performing arts events featuring professional artists. The intention of the program is to remove barriers to participation in the performing arts for young people and family audiences throughout the province. The program is looking for proposals to (but not limited to) support:
- Live Performance
- Outreach and Community Engagement
- Works by youth for youth
Awards are based on the criteria above, as well as these guidelines:
- A qualitative assessment of the applicant’s presenting history. Requests will be adjudicated by a peer adjudication committee. This funding is not allocated by a formula.
- Requests will be considered up to a maximum of $10,000
- activities must occur between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018
Funds for the Community Presenter Youth Engagement Program will be awarded on a competitive basis to performing arts presenting organizations in British Columbia who operate regular seasons or series.
Awards under this program are not available for:
- activity eligible for support under other programs of the BC Arts Council; or start-up costs, seed money, capital expenditures (construction, renovation, or purchase of property or equipment), feasibility studies, budget deficits, or for-profit entities. (see detailed guidelines for more information)
- activity that has already taken place at the time of application
NOTE: For information on the BC Arts Council’s Youth Engagement Grant (different criteria/award limits, etc) visit their website. You may only apply to their program or this one, not both. CALL THE BC ARTS COUNCIL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS: 1 877 664-2999
Application deadline: May 10, 2017
Final Report Form
For current-year applicants, a Final Report is due within 60 days of a project’s completion. Download a Final Report Form. Save/Download this form to your computer (you may need to “right-click” on the link and choose to download the file).
Community Presenter Youth Engagement is a program of the BC Arts Council and is delivered by the BC Touring Council.
Toll Free 1 877 664-2999
Email: john @ bctouring.org
BC Touring Council, PO Box 547, Nelson, BC V1L 5R3